Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
nikmaster
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Playbook - M4V files won't play since oS v2.1.0.1032

If I copy this video to playbook and launch it through video player I get this error:IMG_00000004.png

Does anyone have 2.0 firmware on their playbook to check if this video works?

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Playbook - M4V files won't play since oS v2.1.0.1032

okay guys,

so it seems that the Apple iPad used to be able to play AC3 audio tracks in video, but cannot anymore for a few weeks (probably after some OS update).
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2435482?start=0&tstart=0

Same for people using a MacOS with Mountain Lion (but they have found an unofficial fix for that)

Some software that used to bundle an AC3 decoding filter have also recently removed it from their player this autumn.

The time frame is quite strange, don't you think?

In my opinion there has been patent/license issues between DOLBY (owner of AC3) and other third parties like RIM or Apple.

Anyways, you are upset because it used to work and it does not anymore, but as you can see in the link I gave in a previous message, AC3 has never been officially supported on the PlayBook (same for the iPad if you look at the same document for the iPad).

About your movie sources, change your "sources", and use videos with AAC instead of AC3 :smileyhappy:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.