Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

Playbook Micro SD slot??

Currently I have a 16g playbook and have been thinking about getting a 32g. While searching I have noticed they are listed as having Micro sd slots. Does anyone know if truly they are coming out with the slots or is this a misprint?

Example best buy says sd card slot yes
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Playbook Micro SD slot??

Any such "listing" is erroneous. They've never had them, may never have them, and RIM never said they'd have them. Some of the blogs and retailers do tend to be pretty sloppy in the information they slap together on products like this...

Another example: last time we checked, Best Buy said the PlayBook didn't support Flash, which is pretty laughable given how prominent that particular feature has been on this platform.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook

Thank you for the reply, thought I may have lost my mind for a moment being that mine is in a case most of the time and thought i had missed a slot.
My Device: Playbook 16Gb

I am gutted.  I have just bought a Playbook on the basis of the review in WHAT LAPTOP, June 2012 issue, which said "has a microSD card slot for extra space if you own a large media collection"  How can I have been so stupid!!!!!!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

Rumours going around say that the new PB coming out soon may have this feature. In the meantime, there are portable wifi hard drives that can connect to the PB. Do a search on CrackBerry.com for more info.
My Device: Playbook 16Gb

Thanks, I will do some research