Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Madrid5
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Playbook Not Charging

Okay so I am needing help with my Playbook. It is not wanting to charge but this is because I have a couple of children that decided to put a different type of charger that was not meant for the Playbook and have since messed up the prong where my Playbook charger would attach. Is there anything else "charger wise" that will allow me to charge it without this Playbook going to waste?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Playbook Not Charging

Yes. Get one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Madrid5

But wouldn't that rapid charger connect the same way? On the part that isn't holding my regular charger already?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

No. The Playbook can use a USB charger that comes with the device (the usb charging port is in the middle) or a magnetic charger that connects to the port with the three metal contacts on the right side.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Madrid5

Sorry don't mean to be so difficult.It would probably be more helpful if I would have brought it with me to work. So that way I would know what you are describing to me.

Guru I
John_Clark

Just order a magnetic rapid charger. I recommend the magnetic charger over the USB port for just the reasons you state in your first post. I love mine. I think they should come with that kind of charger.
New Contributor
Madrid5

Where would I look into getting a magnetic charger?

Guru I
John_Clark

Click the link I posted above.
New Contributor
Madrid5

Oh okay. So that travel rapid charger for the tablet is the magnetic one you are talking about?

Guru I
John_Clark

That's a fact, Jack! Every Playbook owner should have one.