If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
johngie
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Me

Playbook OS 2.0

So...if OS 2.0 really is delayed to February, what's the point of having a Playbook? I love this device, but more and more often as of a late I've found myself looking at Android tablets (to go along with my phone) and they really turn the Playbook's small flaws into glaring issues. If the OS delay rumors are true, I can't see myself sticking with my Playbook much longer unless someone talks me off the edge.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lawoei
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: Playbook OS 2.0

[ Edited ]

With tons of bugs and limitation on OS 1.0, I will second your view on the Playbook. Some of the most annoying ones being that you cannot even copy text content from the web browser, inability to input/view the chinese language and have a decent spell correction!

Its a decent quality tablet but if Blackberry keep this up, yes, I will ditch my Playbook in a few months time as well. If not for my ThinkOutside BT keyboard, I would have ditch it months back! The virtual keyboard is utterly useless, to say the least.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ozonation
My Carrier: Rogers

Haven't posted in a long time, but I have to agree. There are all these small, "niggling" things that I wish would get fixed or augmented. I originally bought the PB because I could then access my email and web on my Blackberry. However, now that Android phones can create a wifi hotspot, coupled with my MB Air, I wouldn't really need my Blackberry much either, and certainly not the PB anymore.

One thing that really annoys me is how long it take for the PB to start up. Should an instant-on device not start immediately? It seems to take longer than my MB Air takes to boot up from a cold start.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thehitman
My Device: playbook 64gig
My Carrier: bell

Do what I did...

Turn it off, then leave it off, and buy a real tablet.

I feel much better having said that. I waited sooooo loooong.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PEPENindianto
My Device: Bold 9700 Playbook
My Carrier: Telkomsel Indonesia

Just use your playbook as portable movie player :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I for am committed to sticking it out.  I have the ipad ipad 2 and a xoom just upgraded to 4g.  The pb is the one i use the most.  This tablet is convenient for me to carry in my pocket.  With the last update the bridge browser is a big help.  With the xoom I pay 30 per month extra for the 4g for 1 gig with my current phone contract i have unlimited data till I upgrade.  

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Twonko
My Carrier: I ain't heavy, I'm his brother

I already do use it almost exclusively as a movie player.  When I bought it, I loved it and I still do to some extent.  It is a thing of beauty but could be so much better.  I also have an Ipad and as much as I dislike the Apple ethos (thank God no more Steve Jobs product launches, am I allowed to say that?), the Ipad is slick, capable and delivers everything better than the Playbook.  I would not be surprised to see Blackberry dump the Playbook before the New Year just like HP did with their tablet.  My daughter is due a replacement phone and wanted a Blackberry initially.  Not any more.  After the latest fiasco with the Blackberry outage, I do not see a bright future for RIM.

Please use plain text.