Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

DanaCorey
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook OS 2.1 Telus IMAP folders not syncing.

Just discovered that my Telus IMAP folders do not sync.  When I move a message from my Inbox to a subfolder on the Playbook the message is deleted from the Inbox, appears in the sub-folder on the Playbook and does not appear in the sub-folder on any other device.

I understand that there could be a delay but even e-mails moved several days ago do not appear on the other devices.  Changing the sync settings for the folder on the Playbook results in the e-mail message permantly being deleted.

Still to check if sent messages correctly appear in the sent folder but right now it seems that I cannot move messages without losing them on the Playbook.

D

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RobC2011
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9870
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Playbook OS 2.1 Telus IMAP folders not syncing.

Got the exact same problem, just to add to the fun I did a folder sync and it deleted all the new mail from the folder.  :Wacko:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jhanks64
My Device: Using VZW Q10, new Z30, Two Z10's, Playbook, came from 9930 before
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T

I use Bridge Mode with my 9930, but I sure do wish that ActiveSync and IMAP would work right in the Native Email.

John Hanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RobC2011
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9870
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Figured it out, you have to set the folders to 'sync'd' before saving any mail to them.  Once sync'd they work as expected.  Of course if you have mail already in the folder which isn't present in your mailbox on the server then you'll need to move them back to your inbox before sync'ing the folder otherwise the mail will be lost.

Hope this helps

Please use plain text.