Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
neromanceres
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB and Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook OS Update 1.08.4985

[ Edited ]

HELP!

I'm having a problem on both my Playbook and my wifes Playbook. Wi-Fi has always worked fine on both playbooks untill this update. Now when I connect it works for about 5 seconds and just stops. Bridge browser works fine but nothing including appworld is working over wi-fi. And I too have restarted both playbooks. Router can see the playbooks but I cannot ping. I'm connecting fine with full strength but nothing nada. It's like reving the engine in neutral.

Update after doing a full reset (power button and +- keys for 20 seconds) I cant even connect to Wi-Fi router now on both playbooks.

I can see the internet connection but now failing to aquire IP address.

Internet works on my PC and Bold 9900 no issues (only Playbooks).

ASUS RT-N15 router

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kilblaan
My Device: Playbook 16mb

Re: Playbook OS Update 1.08.4985

[ Edited ]

Same with me ... just did update to 1.08.4985 and have lost all connectivity with my wi-fi router ... shows it connects to the router BUT no Intenet? ... what's going on??

UPDATE

Deleted saved wi-fi network and let my playbook re-find local network and re-entered my wi-fi password and I'm back up and running!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
neromanceres

Tried the same thing. I can connect to my router I get internet for about 5 seconds then it just stops.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Don_BBP
My Device: Rocking a 32 GB Playbook with OS 2.0

[ Edited ]

Not much help from me but just so you know not all the updates go south.....

I have had my Playbook for 2 days. Love it so far.....But I was hoping this SW update would fix a connectivity issue I have been having.

The Update: Mine did the update SW automatically. No problem, only thing was the mandatory reboot after the SW install. Have even taken it out of the WiFi zone for several hours and returned to my home WiFi zone and again no problems. And no reboot required. ( see below )

The Issue: I was having connectivity issues earlier on on  a work private network. I was hoping this was going to resolve the issue. Also when I return home I have to reboot the Playbook to connect to my network in spite of having the info saved. Also note that my info was auto discovered ( except the password of course ). I did not manually enter my network info.

Not much help I'm afraid but noticed this post while looking for a solution to my intermittent WiFi connection at work.

Best of luck

D

Please use plain text.
Contributor
neromanceres

Update:

My playbook works on my work Wi-Fi so it appears this update did something to cause my ASUS RT-N15 router not to like the playbook. 

Strange thing is I have used my playbook on my router for 6 months with no issues till now.

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, DAC

I like D-Link, and Belkin Routers.
:Boat: 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Don_BBP

I'm using the Rogers Gateway router which is an SMC product. My connectivity was way more solid today at both work and home. Have done a reboot each time I switched between the two networks.( basically powered down while in transit.)

Again both are " autodetect " with only the network password entered during the original set-up.

Both are N networks and secured with WPA2 personal encryption.

Try it on another network. A new one that you haven't connected to before. McD's for example. See if it works there.

Or you could call RIM to see if they have other reports of issues after the upgrade. Get it RMA'd.

Not much else I can add right now.

D

Please use plain text.
Contributor
neromanceres

I did try it on a couple of networks and both playbooks worked over wifi.

I guess i'm just wondering why both playbooks used to work fine on my router and now after this update they no longer work.  Is there a way to downgrade OS's on the playbook as the previous version worked fine.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Don_BBP

Ooooopsss!!!! spoke too soon. Just had to do a reboot because it won't connect to the internet. My kid was playing games then we tried to connect to the internet at home and low and behold pages wouldn't load. It wouldn't even get to the point where it gives me an error. Just freezes with the blue line at top of browser stuck at halfway and nothing on the screen.Reboot and It's running again. Have noticed it goes to black screen really fast when not in use.

I'm wondering if the wireless HW is going to sleep to save battery and not waking up.  Sort of like on a laptop.

Just did a doublecheck on a couple of settings.Things have changed since the update.......

Under WiFi each time I look it's finding new networks that have always been there like it didn't find them the first time.  No changes made in this screen but odd.

Under Screen extended my timeout to 3 minutes.

Under Storage and Sharing ( have to scroll to get to it ) reset my Workgroup to my home network Workgroup name. ( probably won't make much of a difference )

Under Language had to reset my Country setting to Canada.

Date and Time was correct.

Now it's back to the way it was prior to the latest upgrade.  Will check my router next. Maybe I need to add it to the mac security list or something.

Will monitor and report back.

D.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
swapnilsaurav
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Playbook OS Update 1.08.4985 not able to update

I have reset the playbook and now trying to install OS ver 1.0.8.4985. it goes fine everytime upto 10% and after that it just hangs for about 5-6 minutes and then I get a message "Unable to download software update"

Please use plain text.