Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook / BBerry BOLD
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Version 1.0.6.2390

I am impressed. Corporate user who can now recommend the bloody thing to management since it now conforms to my website. Flash sites I commonly use appear to all work and the browser speed is spectacular. May I offer a huge thank you to the development team and please, don't stop. Keep up the good work. This blackberry user for one is on your side!
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook R036
My Carrier: N/A

Version 1.0.6.2390

Thanks for the news, I appreciate it.

Et nos fulgebunt sicut lux in tenebris.

Disclaimer: These Posts are the opinions of myself and not those of my employer.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

doesn't push email work on blackberries which are connected via wifi only? if so bbm should similarly work, and therefore there should be no reason why push email & bbm would not work on the playbook without cell connection, which would be 100% of the models in the field.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Push email does not work with wifi only. But you can access the actual website.. The "Messages" app is bridge only.. The push email goes to your smartphone via BIS and then is transfered to the PB via bluetooth. No native push email as of yet.

With that being said push email is easily done without a BIS connection... BBM is not as it needs the BOS connection to validate/register the device pin.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

rockhammer wrote:
doesn't push email work on blackberries which are connected via wifi only? if so bbm should similarly work, and therefore there should be no reason why push email & bbm would not work on the playbook without cell connection, which would be 100% of the models in the field.

The native PIM applications are probably about a month away.. according to the latest rumors. Only rumors.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

Raelic, sorry to contradict but I just tested it. On my bold 9000 (which is set up for my work email), I turned off cell connection and turned on wifi. I sent an email from my work email to my personal email which I just checked on a pc. I also replied to that email and it showed up on my bold. I tested this twice. Not only that, other work emails showed up in my bold in between these tests.

honestly, I do wonder myself how that is made to work and whether wifi only still goes thru the noc (I'd assume it still does).

like JSanders suggested, RIM has promised native push email & the whole works "in the summer" which has just begun. They would be completely misleading all of us if not lying thru their teeth if they did not mean it will work on all the wifi only playbooks out there!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

No contradiction at all... I was under the impression that we were discussing the Playbook. Your Bold is a whole other story.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Oh I thought this thread was about the Playbook, too!\

Anyway, that's clear now. What's not clear yet is how the coming PIM apps will work when not bridged to your BlackBerry device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell canada

I just wipe my PlayBook and reinstalled everything and it works like a new one!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: O2 UK

New Software Update 1.0.6.2390 Available!

A new software update is out today (June 21).  Just downloading it so I don't know what improvements there are.