Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Mispent-Youth
My Device: Playbook

Playbook Pairing with Wi-Fi Mouse per KB26514

I may be mis-reading the KB article

(http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB26514&sliceId=1&cm...

but it appears to say that a wireless keyboard or mouse can be paired via Bluetooth with the PlayBook. 

I followed the instructions and the PlayBook "found" my mobile phone and Panasonic TV, but not a mouse.

My own thinking is that the wireless dongle that would be plugged into (e.g.) a laptop, would have to be somehow involved?

Is it me?? (c) T.Wogan TOGS

All assistance greatly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Playbook Pairing with Wi-Fi Mouse per KB26514

The wireless keyboard and mouse must be bluetooth units and not just regular wireless keyboards/mouses that come with standard wireless dongles.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mispent-Youth
My Device: Playbook

Re: Playbook Pairing with Wi-Fi Mouse per KB26514

Many thanks for your help John.  

I was sort of anticipating the answer,but was hoping it might have been otherwise...!

I would suggest the KB article should be revised to make things a little clearer.

Again.thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.