Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
DragonR1
My Device: bb playbook
My Carrier: bell

Re: Playbook Paperweight: What now?

I literally just pulled the "jumper" leads off my battery and it is charging I have been on this thing for a week.  Knottyrope is my hero.  Solutions can be found just depends how hard your willing to work at it.  Thanks everyone.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

And some prefer to be loud and unwilling.
Dragon, excellent! Glad you got it going. .

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
buzzt
My Device: Playbook, Torch
My Carrier: Bell

Great to hear! I'm really glad for you and I think it's great there are so many people offering ideas to try and help. But I still don't think it should have to come to that, and that RIM should be dealing with this more proactively. That's all I'm saying.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

RIM is willing. You're spreading misinformation and opinion. You have an incident number. What have you done with it?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DragonR1
My Device: bb playbook
My Carrier: bell

You wont get any argument from me there especially with so many people with the same issue,  Not that im offering up excusses but if it were my company and it was on the brink of bankruptcy I probably would not want to warrrenty the millions? of playbooks out there either.  Im just glad I found this community if you decide to go the jumper route if all else fails let us know my set up is different from knottyropes so it took me a bit of time to figure it out.  Patience is definatly key....and a multimeter.   Also it doesnt have to be the playbook charger you cut up if your like me you probably have 4 or 5 different chargers around from different phones you have owned i used a samsung charger to do the same thing 5v 700mah left it on for two hours the tape work to hold it on there was a bit tricky but im super happy to say its charging.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
buzzt

Seriously J Sanders? Maybe YOU should read the previous posts as I have been told if not under warranty, I would have to pay. (That's how it was positioned) Do I need to order a transcript of the conversation for you? There is nothing more to be done as the cost of repair will rival the cost of replacement AND take God knows how long.

You just refuse to accept that RIM could be at fault here, and I think you exhausted your helpful posts on page 1. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
buzzt

To illustrate, allow me to recount a recent experience to demonstrate how a responsible company acts.

I recently had a piece on my Ovation guitar wear out. It has happened to many people. The warranty ran out about 25 years ago (seriously). I emailed support and explained the problem, fully prepared to pay for a new part. Nope; they shipped it out for free. They are aware of this problem; no questions asked. THAT is cutomer service. Thank you Ovation.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Buzzi, you're wrong again, but quite honestly you've also exhausted your options here in the forum. As stated previously, if you're just here to complain (and you are), you've done that. What more blood out of of a turnip would like to get? Again, I'd call the support number back with that incident number and pess the issue (be very overbearing, like you are here) and get an RMA. It takes about 3-5 days total. Your overnight shipping box shows up the very next day (did for me). Of course, being reasonable and kind in asking for this RMA probably will get you nowhere. :smileywink:

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Dragon, RIM is far from bankrupt. With almost 3billion cash reserves, no debt, and actually 500$ million profit last month, it's not quite there yet.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
buzzt

Look, I'm not going to keep beating this to death (and beyond it seems). But, do you really think  we should have to raise a stink over a problem like this? I know that this is the reality, but do you really think it's right? Why would you feel the need to be so loyal to a company that treats its customers that way?

Personally, I think there's more value in trying to pressure them to behave more responsibly with EVERYONE, and not just those that are willing to punch it out with them. And the only way to do that, is to raise awareness.

Please use plain text.