Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
DragonR1
My Carrier: bell

Re: Playbook Paperweight: What now?

JSanders wrote:
Dragon, RIM is far from bankrupt. With almost 3billion cash reserves, no debt, and actually 500$ million profit last month, it's not quite there yet.

I did not know that.  Theres the news for you

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

And you've done that. Anything else?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
buzzt
My Carrier: Bell

Oh, and as for RIM's financial situation, have a look at some historical stock prices and decide  fo yourself if they're sliding down.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=RIM.TO&a=00&b=1&c=2008&d=11&e=29&f=2012&g=m

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DragonR1
My Carrier: bell

Im going to stop folliwing this post its bad for the mood im in I got mine working all my applications are gone but its working lol

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

Buzz, keep up. Were talking "close to bankruptcy" here.
Apple stock dropped even lower not so many years ago.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
buzzt
My Carrier: Bell

Good call. I'm out too. Glad you up again. Have a great day.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

Before we all retire from the thread I'd just like to say that an RMA from RIM is a luxury you guys get over in USA and Canada. No such thing in the rest of the world, we have to tackle our sellers, even though we pay the same or more for the hardware.

So at least fight for it a litle bit. 

My Carrier: Sasktel

Hi,

I had put my Playbook aside for the last 6 months not realizing that there were issues with the battery getting to low and getting it to recharge. I pulled it out yesterday, and went through all of the suggestions on this forum for pushing the power button, using the volumes buttons etc., and was getting the same results as a lot of other posts..Flashing red light followed by a few yellow flashing lights.

Left the Playbook charging all night with no change this morning. So was thinking I might be in the same spot as a lot of the other people posting...

But I had also read your post suggesting using the charging pod, so went down to Staples today and was happy to find out that they were indeed $60, but it was on sale for 14.99! Bonus!!

Plugged in the charging pod and put Playbook on~ immediately an empty battery icon with the Electricity icon over it appeared followed by a slowly flashing yellow light that fades in and out. After being on the dock for about an hour the Blackberry logo appeared!! That was followed by the usual set up instructions. Then received notice that I couldn't continue as I had 0% power!

The Playbook has been on the doc now for about 1 hour 45 min and am now up to 16 % power!! Yay!

Happy I read your suggestions of trying the charging pod...I am now just curious to see if all the data I had on the Playbook is saved or if I will have to set everything back up again. But at least all is not lost!!

Thanks again for all the great posts!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lorijaye

Was having same problem as was at 0% power. Went and purchased the charging pod at our local Staples today ~ on sale for 14.99!!
Have had Playbook charging for about 3 hours, is up and running and currently downloading all of my books!! Worked like a charm ~ Thanks!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lorijaye

Just one other comment and a question now that I am 100% powered, up and running. (In all only took less than 4 hours using the charging pod) All of the photos, messages, data, contacts, apps etc., that I had originally had on my PB were gone once I did get power back.

Would that be because I hadn't back up the data properly?

Also, now that I am back up and running, when I am not using the PB, would you suggest leaving it on Stand by or Off position and sitting in the charging pod?

Thanks again for all the tips!

Please use plain text.