Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

kmlee
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Playbook Sucks

Had my playbook for 1 month and the USB port doesn't work. Sent it away to be fixed and they want me to pay $125 to fix this POS. I am wondering if anyone else has been denied a repair? I'm going to throw mine into the f*cking trash when I get it back.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Re: Playbook Sucks

Possibly, if you would have plugged in the usb cable correctly you wouldnt have had this problem..Dont blame it on the device, blame the user

Gene
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cr8tive_leo
My Device: Playbook - 64gb - wifi
My Carrier: Crapdo - aka Fido

Don't throw it out, I'll take it. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cesar128
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Claro DR

i'll take it too! :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

me me me

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

Where did he say it was caused by how he was plugging in the cable?

I've had 10 PlayBooks.  One has an inherent faulty USB port.  Had to disassemble case to repair myself, was not manufactured correctly and I had to fix it on the board.

I love how you automatically blame the user, lol.  If I had that response from RIM after owning a device for 1 month, I'd be furious too.  They are known worldwide for their shoddy support and bad customer service and have been for years.  Why do you think it was so easy for them to ignore the death of Java OS and kept building to 7.1, thinking how great their products are?   Its because they dont listen to customers.

Was it his fault?  Maybe, but you don't know that.  You didn't see the device.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MXZ
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 it

micro usb port is a standar that loss of durability , but always more durability than ios 32 pin.
Please use plain text.