Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

EVW
New Contributor
EVW
My Device: BB 9300 smartphone

Playbook Support from Blackberry (RIM) poor

I must say I am very disappointed with my new 64 gig wifi BB playbook. I see many posts regarding users not being able to acces their files through bridge (pictures , music , docs. No printing option on the playbook , When you want to save from email to your plybook ,mine only gives me an option to save to my phone. My biggest problem at present is Bridge files which is not functional at all. Just displays . Ther are no files .........

Rim must really get to the party and fix this as they are dead quiet. We have no such problems AT ALL with our Apple IPAD 2.  

Contributor
wuliaosuiyue
My Device: Playbook

Re: Playbook Support from Blackberry (RIM) poor

I am fully agree with you.

I saw so many complaines in the forums, but never has any solution from RIM.
Trusted Contributor
Quila467
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

wuliaosuiyue wrote:
I am fully agree with you.

I saw so many complaines in the forums, but never has any solution from RIM.

You will probably never see any solution from RIM in these forums.  The only feedback you'll get from RIM is if you call their support line and even then, there are probably people that know more about the Playbook in these forums than the people answering RIM's support line.

RIM is too busy trying to figure out why their stock price has dropped so much to waste any time worrying about their customers.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Remember, when you purchased your Playbook, you have (if I recall correctly) 90 days of free techincal support with the purchase. You can and should call RIM directly for the support you need.

This, however, is a user-to-user community support forum, you will rarely see a RIM technician post here to resolve problems you are having.

EVW wrote:

My biggest problem at present is Bridge files which is not functional at all. Just displays . Ther are no files 

So, could you expound on your issue here... do you even have Bridge installed to your handheld device?

Are you connected via Bluetooth from the handheld to the Playbook?

Any details you can provide will help, otherwise it's a just a guessing game.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
Quila467
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

I actually have the same problem with Bridge files.  On my Blackberry, the files are modified when they're saved on the Blackberry and a .rem extension is added to the file names.  The Bridge browser only displays files that it knows how to open, so it doesn't display any files that have .rem added to the file name.

EVW
New Contributor
EVW

Off course I have it installed . The playbook when using Bridge files will not open/display any of the pictures on the Smartphone or videos or music. If you look at the posts you will see this problem being reported all over the net. My messaging ,calender ect ,working fine.

May be you can also help with printing to my wifi printer directly as the Ipad 2 can do.

Thanks

EVW
New Contributor
EVW

Thanks. I thought it may be a format issue. However I still feel that with so many users having different problems that seems to be very generic and not issolated RIM must update the OS to accomodate these issues.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Quila467 wrote:

I actually have the same problem with Bridge files.  On my Blackberry, the files are modified when they're saved on the Blackberry and a .rem extension is added to the file names.  The Bridge browser only displays files that it knows how to open, so it doesn't display any files that have .rem added to the file name.

Those files are encrypted with the REM extension to the smart phone. Do you have content protection enabled?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
Tony86
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK

Hi, Correct me if I'm wrong but the current version of the bridge doesn't work with media files. Just documents, tasks, calendar, and BBM...
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Tony86 wrote:
Hi, Correct me if I'm wrong but the current version of the bridge doesn't work with media files.

Correct. But the other post is most likely about encryption be enabled.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V