Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
MercenaryPanda
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook Touch Not Working

My 2 month old Playbook touch screen stopped working and only responds to the physical buttons. Then I went to the contact support and found that my playbook doesnt qualify for 90 day complimentary support for somereason any thoughts on what to do now?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Playbook Touch Not Working

The first thing is backup your data and do a security wipe. As far as the warranty you should fight for it and ask for manager. Ask specifically why if the pb is 2 months old why it is not covered.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nievz
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

[ Edited ]

Do an hard reset. Hold down the power, volume (+ and -) buttons simultaneously until the PB reboots. This should solve the touch screen issue. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Serkan70
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

I have exactly the same problem as above and hard reset (power, volume+, volume- buttones pressed together) reboots the machine at the end of which it asks to choose a language. And since touch screen does not work, you can't move forward from that screen. Connecting it to a PC with Blackberry desktop software doesn't help either because when connected the PC software indicates that Playbook has to be first activated to be connected.

Has anyone found a way around this? Or does it have to go back for service?

I'll appreciate any ideas.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

prior to connecting to the pc turn off the playbook and start the desktop manager. once connect a popup will appear. select update and follow the onscreen instructions.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Serkan70

I will try this first thing tonight when I get back home and will let you know!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Serkan70

I donloaded tablet software through desktop manager many times all night (each one takes a good 10 minutes) and unfortunately they all ended up with error. I recieved 2 times a more interesting error:

A Fatal error has occurred while updating your device’s software. Please try again

The touch screen is still irresponsive. Buttons are working. Playbook restarts to "choose your language" screen every time without problems.

I even tried to disable PC's power save feature on USB ports (some forum had mentioned it as a solution for a blackberry with similar problems-not playbook)

WHat will I do now?

Please use plain text.
Darter
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I am having the same problem and have tried the hard reset, to upgrade software, debrick ... and am stuck on the "choose your language" screen. The touch screen remains unresponsive ad I haven't found any way to fix. The bluetooth was off when it froze, so it wasn't connected to my phone.
My unit is about 16 months old, so out of warranty (I think - it was a gift and I don't think the extended warranty was purchased and I can't ask now). It may be junk now.
Please use plain text.