Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
perryy
My Device: Playbook

Re: Playbook Update problem

Thanks. Let me give this a try. I selected update later when the playbook prompted for update and the playbook came up with just the browser icon. I still have the 2.1.0.1314 OS.
Contributor
perryy

But when urs happened , did u get all ur aPps back after a reboot? I tried the phone numbers u gave me but they aint toll free. I will have to call tomorrow as I do not have enough credit on my phone now.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

All the original Apps that were on the PlayBook originally were reinstalled. Any that were purchased through BlackBerry World are still available at no cost. Go to BlackBerry World, Select My World. On the left is a Refresh Button, tap it and it will refresh your list in a minute or so. Then you go to the top right, there are two columns, one is Installed, the other is uninstall. Tap the Uninstall button, select your Apps you want, tap install. That's it.
Contributor
perryy

But there is no blackberry or appworld icon on my screen right now. I have done over ten reboots. BlackBerry can do just more than this. All my friends using androids phones and tabs are now laughing at me.
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

At this point, I'd suggest doing a "debrick" of the PlayBook OS since you have nothing installed on it now anyway.

1)  Start Desktop Manager

2) Turn your PlayBook off

3) Connect the powered down PlayBook to your computer

4) You SHOULD get an error message that DM can't connect to the device. It will present you with some options, and you want to select UPDATE.

5) Follow any onscreen instructions at this point.

This will install the entire latest OS on your device, and once it's done you'll have to go through the setup process again (BBID, languages, etc...) Just to be clear, this will erase everything and install the entire OS. You'll have to redownload your BlackBerry World apps again, but all the stock apps will be there. If you have a backup, you can restore it later.

Note: This WILL take a while, so have a beer, or wine, or glass of milk or something while you wait for it to finish.

Contributor
perryy

Good. I don't mind how long it will take, I just want my playbook up and running. The question here is , will it install the latest OS which failed to install when I tried over the air update? Thanks in advance
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I believe the last update you tried was a delta update, or just the things that were new. It's possible something corrupted, although I can't say for sure, just guessing. This method doesn't do that, it reinstalls the entire thing. Pretty much wipes it clean and installs the OS.

Just have some patience, because like I said, it can take a while and be slow. I want to say it takes roughly an hour for it to download and install, but it's been a while since I've done it. Could be longer, could be shorter. Just don't expect it to be done in 10 minutes and try to restart it or anything. Let it do it's thing.

Contributor
perryy

Thank you man. It is already night here. I will try it tomorrow. God bless.
Contributor
perryy

I tried debricking for close to 7 times. I always receive this error message that error occurred updating my playbook OS . Could this be network problem?
Contributor
perryy

Hi. Can somebody help me.