Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: Playbook Update problem

perryy wrote:
Hi. Can somebody help me.

try using  free wifi hotspot like starbucks or mcdonalds.   that would eliminate the nework that you are using.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
perryy
My Device: Playbook

Are u sure it is because of network that the installation of the OS failed after I have downloaded it for more than 10 times? The issue is that I do have downloaded the update and started the installation process, but it always fails when the installation is about 100% complete. Later, I wiped the playbook and restarted the process ,yet no luck. The bad now is that since after the wipe, I am now
Contributor
perryy

I am now left with only the browser icon on my screen after the wipe. Is this the end of the road for my playbook ? Can someone give me an idea of what the cause of failure is? I know BlackBerry will prove bookmakers wrong.
Contributor
perryy

I really need some more useful suggestions as solution to my playbook. I'm missing its service.
Contributor
perryy

Hi people. More help pls. Thanks in advance.
Contributor
perryy

I really need help more than ever before about my playbook. I tried to debrick the playbook today as I was advised in this forum , but the desktop kept on telling me that there is no update. This is somrthing different from all the previous error messages, of either device disconnected or error updating ur playbook , which I earlier received. Pls help.
Contributor
perryy

I really need help. I'm not trolling. Pls help.
Contributor
perryy

Help, help oh! Help.
Contributor
perryy

Any help pls. ?
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

perryy wrote:
I really need help more than ever before about my playbook. I tried to debrick the playbook today as I was advised in this forum , but the desktop kept on telling me that there is no update. This is somrthing different from all the previous error messages, of either device disconnected or error updating ur playbook , which I earlier received. Pls help.

You are doing it wrong.  to get the no update available message you are doing an update not a debrick. Read the following carefully to debrick properly

If you need to backup data do it first, but then turn playbook OFF.

Debrick:

Playbook must be disconnected.

The Playbook must be OFF. Completely and totally off!!! 

Startup blackberry desktop software
Connect usb to pc.

You will get an error message with options Retry or Update

QUICKLY choose Update and it will reload the OS

If you are not quick enough the playbook may try to power up, so be quick with the Update selection.