Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

tracks4ever
My Device: Playbook

Re: Playbook Update problem

Hi there,

got almost the same problem.

When tryiing to debrick I follow all the steps:

1. Start BB Desktop
  2. connect PB in off state
  3. PB fails to connect, but REPAIR option appears
  4. I click repair
  5. Update is downloaded and when after that BB Desktop tries to install the Software by connecting to my PB,
  6. PB light goes from green to red and starts  boot,
  7. while Software update gets stuck on this screenupdate fail

How can I avoid this boot, which always fails? BTW my PB was dead before and I had to charge it via a LIPO charger. Now the battery is fine I hope and just booting causes problems, tried switching off WIFI on my router, tried exposing it to bright light. Always it gets stuck on the boot screen after a while. 

Really do not know what else I could do to solve it. I do not want to throw this thing away. BTW its out of warranty and anyways I¨ve already opened it up and charged the battery manually.

BR and thanks a lot in advance,

Marcel

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Says "Install Complete". Have you tried simply disconnecting the USB then restarting Playbook (hold down power button til either Restart menu appears, or it goes off then start it)

My Device: Playbook-16 GB

I dont actuall get it ...i tried but it doesnt start automatically.....

actuall my problem is that i swiped all my data and then tried to install new update but it downloads well but at installing time it stucks at 312mb and pops download intruppeted.....

plz help me out

Abrar
Contributor
bhatrarba
My Device: Playbook-16 GB

Hi

When i try the same thing i cant even download updates it pops up some error msg at the very beginning "verify internet connection"

n plz do tell me how to upload image so that i can show you....

plz help me

Abrar
New Contributor
hungcddl
My Device: PlayBook

I have an old Playbook 16gb , after updating new OS by wifi ( After wpie and reset database default ,Have seen a notice that new version already can update,I accept and wait so long to update new OS ).

And after restarting ,wait till the screen appear as the video below ....And then the power shutdown automaticaly ...still try many time but cant work.

Please help me this case.

Thanks 

video : 

http://youtu.be/TT1M-yy_v6g

New Contributor
hungcddl
My Device: PlayBook

anyone help me...???