If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

chirifp
My Device: 16 GB Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Playbook Version will not update.....I think it is stuck on 2.0.1.358

Hi.....on my playbook, I continously keep getting the pop-up to update the version that is running on my Playbook.  I am currently running 2.0.1.358 and it is telling me to update to version 2.0.1.1088 (399 MB).  I have attempted it literally dozens and dozens of times but it keeps failing.....and I still need to get to the most current version of 2.0.1.982

What can I do to get it to update successfully?

Help please....

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Playbook Version will not update.....I think it is stuck on 2.0.1.358

Plug the PlayBook into your computer with Desktop Manager running, you should be able to update through this.

Hopefully that will go a little smoother for you.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brandonbf
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I've been trying to find an answer to this for weeks.  I've tried updating via wifi and through the Desktop Manager.  I've done hard reboots, restarts and religious incantations.  I've tried the PC-assisted update on two different computers.  Some times it does say that the OS was updated but then obviously never does because the version # never changes and I keep getting prompted to update the OS.  

I've defended Blackberry and stayed with them for about a decade now.  I actually think the Playbook OS is the best thing out there in terms of being intuitive and easy to use.  But with this issue and my Torch often being unusable due to locking up when performing certain actions that requres me to flip the phone's orientation for it to get unstuck, these may be my last two RIM products.  I've already had my final person working for me in my department have their phone contract expire and I had to recommend a Samsung device because I couldn't in good conscience let them use a product that I did not fully believe in.  If someone from RIM can help me fix this issue, I may have a glimmer of hope!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,875
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

brandonbf wrote:

I've been trying to find an answer to this for weeks.  I've tried updating via wifi and through the Desktop Manager.  I've done hard reboots, restarts and religious incantations.  I've tried the PC-assisted update on two different computers.  Some times it does say that the OS was updated but then obviously never does because the version # never changes and I keep getting prompted to update the OS.  

You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.