Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

dvp
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Playbook - WORK space password - resetting ...

I tried to setup my work email on my PB nadn i were required to setup a WORK space password and I forgot the password.

Now every time I click on my messages icon it wants me to enter the password.

So effectively I am not able to view my messages on my PB.

Is there a way I can reset it without doing a secure wipe and start all over agian ?

I dont want to lsoe my apps and other stuff.

Thanks for your help

dvp
New Contributor

Re: Playbook - WORK space password - resetting ...

How to delete teh Blackberry Balance on teh main settings panel without full wipeout / reset is the question...

dvp
New Contributor

I am bale to access the BluTooth apps on teh PB like calendar , notes, address book and messages as well but not form teh mian messages app. When I click on that it is asking ofr BB WORK passowrd.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I hope you didn't have to wait this long for an answer. There are multiple ways to do what you want. 

1. Your IT administrator can initiate a remote wipe, and it will delete your "work" account and data, keaving everything else in tact. 

2. In webmail, if you are on Exchange 2010, you can go into the options section and, under "phone," initiate the remote wipe yourself.

3. In "accounts" under your Playbook settings, delete the work account.

4. In "Blackberry Balance" under playbook settings delete the account.

In all cases, you will have to re-add the account in your "accounts" settings on the PB.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

You understood the questions??

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, the questions were about BlackBerry Balance,  which can be activated by certain security settings on the more recent Exchange servers.  If it kicks in, you have an additional item in settings for it:

BlackBerry Balance Settings

The Work memory space has it's own clipboard, browser, and document storage, and it's encrypted and separated from the rest of the PB.  Only certain apps can access the work space.  When it's locked, you see an indicator on your home screen:

Work locked indicator

If you forget your password to the work.area, it becomes inaccessible after so many attempts and gets deleted while the rest of the PB is fine.