Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
master16m
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMobile

Playbook Wifi and Bluetooth File Transfer Bugs

Wifi Bug Report

- When attempting to log into Cisco based unsecured public access points at University of Minnesota and Normandale Community College (Both in Minnesota), error received, I am unable to access public wifi from playbook.

What happens is I select the public wifi, for example "FV_GUEST" at the University of Minnesota. The playbook then connects to the wireless access point and obtains IP from DHCP. However, when I select "Login" from the wifi button on the upper right of the homescreen I get the following error "3RFINA" from the new browser window that opens. Furthermore, the playbook doesn't even get to the Cisco page that allows me to type in the password and username required to access the unsecured public access point. Occasionally when I am able to actually access the login page, the playbook doesn't recognize it has been authenticated on the network and thus does not realize it is able to access the internet.

Most often the Playbook is able to connect to an unsecured network and obtain DHCP however, the playbook cannot get to the cisco guest login page. So, what I end up doing is logging into the public access point on my Bold 9700, then accessing the cisco unsecured guest access login page on my old phone, then tethering my Bold 9700 to my playbook 64gb wifi with the Blackberry bridge, and use the internet that way. 

Please release a hotfix for unsecured Cisco public access points for the Blackberry Playbook. 

Also, can we please get an official Kindle, Netflix and Hulu app!!!! If Apple can survive with Kindle on their devices, so can RIM. If these companies are being anti competitive, and not allowing ports to the Blackberry platform then you have the right to post that publicly so customers like myself can vent in the proper direction. Walling off your ecosystem just irritates the bananas out of me. I get apps, but not books, netflix, hulu etc... Have you not thought this through? These are freedom issues, more than business ones. We should have the ability to read books from all sources. 

Anyway, please fix the wifi. 

Also, whenever I try and transfer mp3s via bluetooth from bold SD card to playbook, the file stops transferring at 24mb.

I use this when my phone is dying and I want to keep listening to my mixes on my playbook. I'm a DJ and make large MP3s 150 to 300 mbs. The other day I was at the laundromat and my bold 9700 was dying so I thought ill just transfer the mp3 to my playbook and keep listening. However the mp3 was like 160MB and it wouldn't let me transfer more than 24mb. Please fix this also.  

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
nirmalmani
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Na

Re: Playbook Wifi and Bluetooth File Transfer Bugs

Hi, 

Could you transfer files from your mobile to ur playbook, through bluetooth? If yes. Could you plaese let me know how to do it

Thanks.

Please use plain text.