Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PLaybook RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Sprint

Playbook Will Not Charge - Displays Red Battery with lightning bolt through it

I have a Blackberry Playbook that will not charge. When the Playbook is connected to the charger it came with, the Playbook displays a red battery with a lightning bolt through it. It never gets past 0% charged. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Playbook Will Not Charge - Displays Red Battery with lightning bolt through it

Hello mkrugh,

Thank you for your question regarding the charging issue you are experiencing with your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

Has this worked for you recently? Have you attempted holding down the power button for 10 seconds? If not, what happens when you do so?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Tablet - 64 g
My Carrier: wi-fi

Re: Playbook Will Not Charge - Displays Red Battery with lightning bolt through it

Hi. My Playbook has a loose charging port, it wiggles. When I plug mine in to charge, I have to wiggle it to get it in a certain spot to charge. If I don't it will not charge. Could you have the same issue, maybe? I need to contact Blackberry to have this port replaced.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Orange

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

RCyr wrote:
Hi. My Playbook has a loose charging port, it wiggles. When I plug mine in to charge, I have to wiggle it to get it in a certain spot to charge. If I don't it will not charge. Could you have the same issue, maybe? I need to contact Blackberry to have this port replaced.

Suggest you "invest" in a magnetic fast charger. You can still get one probably at Amazon.com. It does not use the ficicky and weak USB connector.