Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Steve_J_Ramone
My Device: Playbook

Playbook Won't Charge!!!!!!

Have i got one of the most expensive frisbees in Wales?
I've wasted over 3 days and tried almost every suggestion on here to bring my PB back to life. It ran out of juice while we were away. I tried a variety of chargers from a 1 Amp BB charger to a 2A Samsung charger. To begin with I was only getting a red light 
With the 1A charger I followed the 60 second stack charging guides but couldn't get it to even show the charging screen. 
With the 2A chargers, after stack charging for over 20 mins the red light comes on for a few seconds followed by the charging screen with the battery logo: 

The yellow light came on and then it started to boot up but remained stuck on the BB logo with a colour changing swirly back ground. Eventually just shutting off. I'd then have to stack charge it for a while before I could get it to try and boot up. 
After another day of trying all the different suggestion I went and bought a Playbook Fast Charger.

With the fast charger I tried stack charging for almost an hour. Now when I connect the charger the red light comes on for 4 seconds then 7 seconds later the battery icon as above is displayed for about 20 then switches off, next the light starts to come on but in a yellow colour and turns off within a couple of seconds just before it reaches max brightness. 
If I leave it plugged in eventually the BB logo screen with the swirly background appears. The background just keeps changing colour and eventually just turns itself off. Left it plugged in over night but still dead!
Pressing the power button after the yellow light first attempts to come on brings the battery icon back up followed by a constant yellow light. Which is followed by the the boot up screen, again just switching itself off after a couple of minutes.. 
I've tried doing an update via the desktop manager which seems to go through okay with the green light staying on during the update. 
After the PB reboots the boot up screen comes up but again switching off after a few minutes of the colour changing swirly background.

I'm on software version: 2.1 Bundle 1526

Any help would be most appreciated!
New Contributor
Steve_J_Ramone
My Device: Playbook

Re: Playbook Won't Charge!!!!!!

24 hrs later, Playbook is still on charge using BB plug adapter. Red light, battery logo, yellow light, swirl colour screen... Cut out start again.
Does anyone know what my next step should be? (apart from a size 10 landing on top of it)
Regular Contributor
bonematrix
My Device: PlayBook, Z30