Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
BP4567
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Playbook Won't Charge

I am new here.  My playbook simply won't charge anymore.  It's only about six or seven months old and worked perfectly up to a couple of weeks ago.  I have tried all the suggestions to reboot it and nothing works.  I even had the charger checked out.  I am getting more and more frustrated.  I tried to email RIM about the problem but they won't help me as my 90 day warranty is up.  I really am finding RIM not very good at customer service.  Anyway that is another story,  Has anyone here had this issue or anything like it? What solutions are there?  I would appreciate any suggestions. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Playbook Won't Charge

A questions for you. Do you get any light activity when you press the button?
Here are some BlackBerry Knowledge Base articles you can Google that may help you. KB26808 and KB27705 .
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BP4567

Yes, I did for awhile, but now nothing.  It's really strange.  I don't even get the light after letting it charge for 24 hours.  I will look at info.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

BP4567,
Plug it into the charger and leave it for several days. After this Hold down the Power Button only until the red light flashes. This will begin the reboot process. The battery is totally dead now and will recharge very slowly.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BP4567

Thanks, I will give this a try...

Please use plain text.