Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Varoujan
My Device: Bold 9650 + Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Playbook & Desktop

Hi I need help after upgrade to Ver 2.1 on my tablet the desktop is not recognizing the playbook to sync

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Playbook & Desktop

What have you tried so far? The first steps are to reboot both the computer and your PlayBook. Does that help?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Varoujan

Hi Krypto, this is mind boggling I never had problems with my BB phone nor my Playbook until I updated to Ver 2.1.. So far I have uninstalled the BB Desktop and removed everything related to it… Reinstalled and connected my Phone all is well, now I connected the Playbook and it will not connect…I did restarted the computer and the Playbook didn’t help… I took pictures of the messages but I don't know how to attachem for you to see...

Thanks for your help...

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

The info in this KB article may help:

"BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device" when attempting to connect the BlackBerry PlayBook with the BlackBerry Desktop Software
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26904

If that still doesn't help, let me know as I've found some other info others have posted that could help, but hopefully this will take care of this for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Varoujan

Hello Kyrpto,  My system is working now. Beside the link you gave me I found other links with articles talking about tips and tricks for the same issues that I was having. To be honest with you I didn’t try any of them but let me tell you what I did, I kept deleting and reinstalling the BB desk top that didn’t work, at the end after deleting it I rebooted my computer and reinstalled the desktop while the playbook connected still the desk top showing me that it is not communicating with the playbook, so I checked in the device manager the Network Adapters the RIM network device properties showed that it was disabled so I enabled it and that solved the issue. Again thank you for your help.  

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Awesome, I'm glad to hear its now working!

Please use plain text.