Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
00bunge00
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Playbook and movies

Hi there,

This is more of an info question instead of help but I'm getting a playbook mainly for movies as I have long train journeys every week but I was just wondering what sort of service they have for movies? Can you download them on the Playbook or do you have to put them on there yourself??

Thanks
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Re: Playbook and movies

Playbook "Video Store" is an included app that allows you to download movies directly to a pb. I have downloaded a few movies and are excellent video quality. You can either rent or buy. Rental allows you to watch the movie over a few days, once started, or up to about 30 days after the download. It also works well through the HDMI port to a TV.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Ihave an extensive collection of movies on a 3 terabyte drive and use wifi sharing on playbook to transfer them or use a PC.

MP4 format seems to be the best format to use although if using the right codec other are fine too.

Media types that are supported on the BlackBerry PlayBook

How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Yes, and perhaps we should have added, there is also an excellent video player app included with the pb, for movies that you transfer. The video store app is for movies/tv shows you want to purchase or rent (similar to iTunes) and are downloaded automatically after payment.

With 3 TB, perhaps Knotty is willing to loan some of his??:smileywink:
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

hvacdon wrote:

i might not have the same interests as you

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Regular Contributor
hvacdon

knottyrope wrote:

hvacdon wrote:

i might not have the same interests as you

I am open minded.  BTW.....does "Knotty" really mean "Naughty"??:Angel:

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

hvacdon wrote:
  BTW.....does "Knotty" really mean "Naughty"??:Angel:

Two pieces of string walk into a bar and the bartender looks at them suspiciously. He says "Sorry, boys, we don't serve your kind here." So the pieces of string walk out again.

They're sitting in the gutter outside and feeling really thirsty when one piece of string says "Hey! I've got an idea to get me into the bar."

So he starts twisting and turning, wriggling this way and that, pulling out a few threads here and there. His mate's looking at him and thinks he's gone completely nuts.

Then the piece of string walks back into the bar. The bartender looks at him a little suspiciously again and says "Here, you're not a bit of string, are you?"

The piece of string replies "No, I'm a frayed knot."

"im not naughty bad, I'm only drawn that way" said by Jessica Rabbit in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Super Contributor
00bunge00
My Device: Bold 9700

Well this got abit random....but thanks guys!!
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

welcome, glad to have helped out