Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Alan_MacKenzie
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Playbook and smartphone charger

Are the chargers interchangeable between the Blackberry smartphone and Playbook?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook and smartphone charger

yes they are, but the playbook will take longer to charge with a phone charger.

the playbook charger will charge your phone about twice as fast

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
jimlad
My Device: playbook

Should be no problem to use any charger that fits in the slot, some might give less or more power, just as you might get less or more if you use the usb cable plugged into your laptop or car.
Alan_MacKenzie

Thanks for the quick replies.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Some charger will make the playbook click stuff on its own, like it has a ghost or peoosessed.

my wifes LG charger did this to my sons playbook and it started to play games, music, and wierd typinging

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Regular Contributor
jimlad
My Device: playbook

do you still have the plastic screen protector on?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Trust me, I have 3 playbooks at home and a degree in electronics. It was the LG charger. The power supply had a dirty output that caused it.

paulth4

Does this suggest that I could charge my smart phone quicker with the Playbook charger?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,977
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

paulth4 wrote:

Does this suggest that I could charge my smart phone quicker with the Playbook charger?

Yes. It works fine and fast, it is a much high rating than the normal smartphone charger. Some say it is not good to use this higher rated charger, but over a year, I've had no problems. The on-device smartphone regulator handles the additional power ok.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code