Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

budlance
My Device: playbook

Playbook availability

Blackberry  continues to advertise the Playbook but none of the vendors that they recommend have any. Is that the end of the Playbook or is there a new model coming out? Why continue to advertise the product if it can't be purchased?

Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

Re: Playbook availability

budlance wrote:

Blackberry  continues to advertise the Playbook but none of the vendors that they recommend have any. Is that the end of the Playbook or is there a new model coming out? Why continue to advertise the product if it can't be purchased?

Apparently BlackBerry brass is committed to bring BB10 to all PlayBooks. If so, it is not likely the end of the device. It is more likely is that they are focusing (spending money and resources ) on getting the BB10 phones on the market in quantities.  If you look at it this strategy would make sense. So I would not be too concerned. The glass is half full. 

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Playbook availability

[ Edited ]

If the tap has been turned off the glass will quickly become empty.  Poor marketing may still finish them.  Playbooks are still a niche and most of our businesses in Europe are moving applewise. The announcement didn't make it to our TV news. No TV adverts here.  London, next best thing to Wall St, and the announcement was met with luke warm reaction.

New phones are announced that will save their skin - er but they forgot to get US providers to approve in time. Oops. 

The only decisive thing they have done is to change their name. Aka Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titannic.

MOVE IT blackberry, get your rear into gear before it is too late and Lenovo buys you out.