If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
timpile
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Playbook boots but not charging

I've had a playbook for around 18 months, and a couple of times I have let the battery go down and had to stack charge to get it going again.

A couple of days ago I was using it and it was indicating around 90% charge when suddenly a message 'Playbook shutting down' came up and the device shutdown. I plugged in the 1800ma rapid charger and got red a flashing LED, followed by yellow flashing LED and eventually it booted up.

However it has 0% charge and no matter how long I leave it plugged in for it never moves past 0%.

I have tried restarting, hard reset, and every time it goes through the same routine and finally boots and everything works but it stays at 0% charge

Battery guru says Battery 0%, Charge 0.00W, Battery Voltage 0.0V Recharge count: 0, Battery Health 0%, Charger Type USB Wall 

OS Installed: 2.1.0.1753

Any help most appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Playbook boots but not charging

I would guess a dry joint inside, probably the battery connection. If you want to take the risk, pry off the back with a plastic pry tool like a credit card, and remove the two screws connecting the battery strap and reconnect after a light clean.

Warning - You may kill it of course, so any vital data should first be copied to computer by drag and drop whilst it is running on charger. backups are only of use if you have another playbook.

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Playbook boots but not charging

That seems to have fixed it, thanks again for the suggestion :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.