Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Tim850
My Device: playbook32gb
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook bricked after 2.1 update today

No, my laptop did not set in power saving mode, it is always on.

I was away for a few hours. The process seems stalled and remained same as I left.

Can I start over again or it is really bricked? Will RIM can help me get it fixed?   

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

You can debrick again. Try a different usb socket on PC.

________
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

You stated in step 5.) during the install process it stops at uploading RAM immage with progress bar in 1/2 possition

then a message popup saying I need to go to control panel/system / device manager / USB hub / power

management / allow power saving...

Since the messages you got are not possible on the PlayBook itself (there is no control panel/system etc on a PlayBook), it must be referring to your laptop. That is something I have never ever seen or heard of before so I can only suspect your laptop is screwing up the install and going to sleep or managing power somehow. You aren't using a USB hub are you? Don't.

Anyhow, you can try again, you are going to lose all data on the device by restoring things from the desktop software. But at this point I think you'll just be happy with a working machine again.

I would strongly suggest checking your power management settings again on your PC. If you have a camera or a camera phone and can take some photos of the install process at various stages and upload them to your future posts then it will give us something more to work with.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest

....could get a Mac.....

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mike62226
My Device: Torch 9850, Playbook

Follow up to the problem that generated the original post.

I got home from travelling, plugged the Playbook in to the OEM wall charger and I'm golden.   It took a while to get up to a full charge, as would be expected, but then it fired right up and I've confirmed it has the new OS. 

Thanks VERY MUCH for your help.  I would have spent additional hours screwing around with this if you hadn't responded so that I knew to sit tight until I could get to the wall charger. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tim850
My Device: playbook32gb
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you for try to help me out.

I was using the BB desktop software on my laptop and connected with PB using USB cable.

All message I listed were displayed on laptop screen.

I try to debrick one more time and plug PB into a different USB port. The PB red lifgt flashs and PB was recorgnixed.

I followed on screen intructions for a few steps until it ask me to restart the PB, but there was no responds for a long time. I try to attach some photos for you but don't know how. Doyou have a email? 

The PB cannot switched on, black screen, no back light. I try to charge it up, it won't charge, since the wall charger is not warm as it should.   

I will go on a business trip tomorrow morning and have to wait until come back. Anyway thank you all for the help. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest

[ Edited ]

The whole point about debrick is that the red light should not go on, and it should not be recognised.that way you get the right messages to reconfigure.

Read this...

Debrick...

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and password
If you can, backup important data. Preferably by wifi share drag n drop as well as desktop backup.
Turn Playbook right off (i.e. Shut Down)
Ensure you have the latest Blackberry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac and start it up
Connect the Playbook by USB cable.
If the red light starts to glow press the Off button.
Because Playbook is off you will get an error message basically saying Retry or Update  (on Mac it says repair rather than Update)
Quickly select the Update (or repair) option
The Playbook will start to get a new OS that will take a good hour to download via the PC
Follow the registration process using your current Blackberry ID
(at this point test your problem again)
Add back your email accounts etc.
Reinstall your apps from App World, My World. 
Copy back your data.
(test your problem again)

You may lose data permanently!
________
Please use plain text.