08-02-2012 08:04 PM
Hello, I just installed the latest OS upgrade this morning. After it the browser has failed to load many pages. I am talking about really common pages like google, bing or amazon. It loads up to around 1/3 of the blue bar and then it stops loading. Some sites like google load up to 80% or so but they take ages. Other sites never load at all.
I have tried rebooting, disabling javscript and flash, deleted ALL the historial, cache, cookies... All to no avail. This is a big bummer, a tablet without a functional browser amounts to a fancy paperweight.
I know for sure it isn't the connection since all my other devices have normal access to internet. Furthermore, the App World and the facebook app work perfectly. Even funnier, facebook works well in the pb browser, but not amazon or google!
Any idea? I can see that it is happening to other users: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f
08-03-2012 03:11 AM
08-03-2012 04:16 AM
08-03-2012 12:46 PM
+1 on this issue. I have 2 PBs. One is running 188.8.131.528 with a static IP. The other is running 184.108.40.2060 with dynamic IP.
The .668 PB is unable to access any page on WWW. It starts to load and then just hangs at around 40%. The 220.127.116.110 is having no issue.
I am going to try a few things to see if I can solve it and will post back here if I worked it out. I have all ready tried clearing the browser cache and then rebotting but that has not solved the problem.
08-03-2012 01:00 PM
OK so I have fixed it on my PB.
1. The first thing I did was take it off static IP and just use dyamic IP - This made no difference. The pages would still not load.
2. So then I deleted the wi-fi profile and then created it again - Presto! All the pages loaded fine.
3. I then put it back onto static IP and everything continued to function as expected.
Not sure if this will fix it for everyone but I would try deleting and then re-creating the Wi-fi profile again. Seemed to do it for me....
08-04-2012 02:51 AM - edited 08-04-2012 02:57 AM
Could have been your problem. Failure to "load many pages " (ie not all) sounds like dns. Deleting the wifi connection would have cleared the dns setting. I know you just put it back, but it's still the most likely cause of selective address resolution failure. Cheers.
08-05-2012 05:12 PM
Ok, I waited a full day working fine to see if it was solved permanently. It was indeed solved by removing and then adding again the connection + reseting the modem (just to be sure). What I find funny is that when I had the problem intially I connected to a totally different wifi connection which I hadn't used before and the problem still was there. Maybe the dns settings are inherited on what is loaded on memory or something like that.
I would suggest removing wifi, reboot (probably a hard reboot by pressing the three bottons at once) and then add the connection again. Let us know if it works.
08-06-2012 10:44 AM
So it seems that the issue has reared its ugly head again. This morning my 9yo started complaining that the internet isn't working for her anymore on her PB.
First I removed her custom DNS settings so that it uses our ISP's standard DNS (like all the other devices in the house). Unfortunately this did not help. Her page still loads to about 40% and then hands.
I then tried deleting the wi-fi profile, clearing cache and rebooting the PB but still no change in behavior.
I then went and deleted her IP address from the router DHCP reservation table (she has a fixed IP) and then did a hard reset on the PB, also re-created her wi-fi profile and that seemed to fix it. I am now storngly suspecting some sort of issue with the fact that she has a fixed IP (on the router I allocated her mac address to a specific IP adress). So I will leave her with dynamic IP and see what happens.