Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Kalamazoo
My Device: Sprint /Nextel 8350i and 16GB Playbook

Re: Playbook browser random crashes

I started seeing double url locators and I knew the browser was going to crash again so I saved my google search results page, and closed out all the other apps and relaunched the browser. It is running fine, perhaps I need to be gentler on having so many apps open at one time, its a portable playbook not a powerful notebook after all. For this money I can get a family member a new laptop....just looking for the business productivity reasons...
8350i Sprint Nextel / Playbook 16gb
New Contributor
yaletownboy
My Device: playbook

browser random crashes since pb bought on boxing day week. have 32gb. always clear caches and cookies after end of daily browsing. often crashes when multi-tabs.  would like bb to update browser, would also like to have a refresh button since I have had some hanging sites. 

Contributor
PhilTGT
My Device: Z10

Refresh button is there on the right hand side of the address bar ;-)
New Contributor
yaletownboy

DOH!

Thanks!  I didn't even see that icon!

New Developer
anshu72

need some solution....
Visitor
rewandy5
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB

I've been having this incredibly frustrating thing happen to me as well since I got my playbook in april.  Pretty much every day I have the browser start closing on me.  It will crash after browsing for a bit, then pretty much every time I open it after.  One tab, several tabs, doesn't matter.  I also have apps close down on me the same way.  I've tried OS2 beta as well as the latest released os version.  If this is in fact a memory issue, there needs to be a solution.

Contributor
waterbuoy
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Thanks.
The 'delete cookies' / 'delete all' plan didn't work.  My browser still crashes reliably today, as soon as I have a site opened or in one case after I'd just finished composing a web-mail reply.

Any other ideas. 

New Contributor
dblackb99
My Device: Playbook

Well it's a year later and I'm still experiencing random browser shutdowns. Is anyone at Rim ... sorry Blackberry paying any attention to this issue? I'm about ready to trash my Playbook and go Android. At least I know it's reliable.