Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
kirancairn
My Device: Blackberry playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Samsung

Playbook charger not working how to replace in warranty?

hi guys..... I had bought 16GB playbook in march-2012. Now i am facing problem that battery fully drained and i am trying to charge it. From the last month onwards i am using samsung charger because my playbook charger not working...... Please tell me how to caontact RIM as complementary support period over.......Please give me RIM contact number..... Whether they will give new charger under warranty? If charging problem not solved what i have to do? Can anyone give me the service centre number in Hyderabad?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kirancairn

Re: Playbook charger not working how to replace in warranty?

Can anyone please help me in this regard..................................

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

start here

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/get-started.html

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kirancairn

How to return blackberry playbook to service centre? How to find out authourized service centres in INDIA?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ttjoseph
My Device: Not Specified

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

Worst case (if warranty won't help you), you can buy an HP TouchPad barrel charger for really cheap off of eBay ~$4.99-8.99 and it functions as a fast charger. I don't use my included BlackBerry charger anylonger because I have several barrel chargers from my TouchPad tablet. You can use the included microUSB cable that shipped with the PlayBook too or another one if you have one. Here's a post I started about it over on Crackberry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/very-cheap-playbook-charging-solution-touchpad...

It will not damage your PlayBook either for the electrical specs are within tolerance levels. The reason these barrel chargers are so good is because you can buy different tips for it to adapt to foreign wall outlets. They are interchangeable. Again, check eBay for these. Another good thing is that if you have a BlackBerry cellphone (I have a 9810) it will function as a rapid charger for that device too. I have mine attached to a charging cradle. It charges way faster than the little BlackBerry wall charger.

Please use plain text.