05-07-2012 04:29 PM
I am having the same sort of charging issue. (I will start with the most recent)
I charge the PB on the stand charger and the wall plugin and get the charging bolt, but after 8 hrs. or more the battery icon shows 0%.
Knowing this, I can remove the PB from the charger and the PB is usable except for some apps wont load, and crash to home screen.
As of now the battery shows 0% after charging all night (11 hrs.) it's been on and running now for 5hrs without a charge and the battery showing 0%!
I know from past experience, explained below, that if I try to restart I get the 5 flashing lights and have to plug the PB back in for a minute or two to get it to turn on again, it won't turn on unless it is plugged in.
- Charging irregularities started after os2 upgrade.
- I did a security wipe and Os reinstall twice. The first reinstall attempt didn’t let me get passed the "waiting for PB to reach 20% before continuing" stage so I unplugged and thought I would try again when I got home, as I was at a hotel. When home I put PB on charger and magically the download started. Charge got up to like 57% and didn’t move after completing install, restarted and it was at 0% again. Put it on the stand and it turned itself back on like it’s supposed to do.
- second security wipe reinstall went a bit better but it wouldn’t go past the terms of agreement - select country page unless I did a restart 2 or 3 times to keep it moving (done while plugged in wall charger or on the stand charger)
- PB sometimes would charge but then would "stall" and remain at the 47% or 80% with no change in power display and again wouldn’t restart unless plugged in. And when restarted when plugged in after very long charge and display showing a charge of like 77%, would come back on with a low charge 10% or 33% etc. very erratic!
- Most recently Friday May 4...i thought problem was solved! Charging looked normal. Charging gradually when up to 100%. Used playbook battery showed normal discharge for 3 - 4 hr. off and on use off charger; down to 70 - 80%. Put back on charger for a while and charge would come back up. Put it on charger over night after a day of use and back up to 100% (something that had not happened in quite some time)
But then Sunday, the charging mystery returned with the battery display "stalling" at 57% with no change after normal use and charging for a few hours, I did a restart and again got 0% battery. Even after the above 11 hour charge it's still at 0% for 6 hours unplugged and powered on!!!! WTF??
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-08-2012 02:35 AM
05-21-2012 11:55 PM
I just started having the same problem. If someone could help me it would be much appreciated. It shows 0 charge, then all of a sudden I am at 90or 100 percent, then it shows 0 again.
05-22-2012 12:56 AM
05-22-2012 12:11 PM
I have a similar problem except with using the charger I'm not getting a bolt icon or anything. (It shows the connected icon when connected to my laptop but charging that way is super slow) So it won't charge at all via the wall charger. Today I tiried connecting it to my laptop to sync things and although it says it's connected it won't show up under "my computer" and won't connect in the desktop software program. I think the problem is software and now hardware because it's worked for months up until a few days ago. I cant wipe it if I can't back it up so I can only hope un update will fix the problem. I cant return it as you did because I bought it used and the 90day warranty expired and I'm not putting any more money into the piece of garbage. I don't see how they can fix yours anyway other than maybe patching the software somehow, because i dont think it is hardware. So hopefully if they can figure out the problem they can put out an update so it fixes the problem for all the people that have it.
05-22-2012 12:33 PM
You can enable wifi sharing to backup the playbooks contents.
05-22-2012 12:41 PM
Good idea but again that is where the PB's problamatic software gets in the way. I live in an apartment and use a friends wifi which the PB won't pick up so I have a usb antenna that sends the signal to my laptop. Normally I use adhoc sharing for ipods and such but the PB doesn't work on adhoc. I had used a program called connectify that created a hotspot on my laptop but it always crashed my laptop and I think is the reason my last usb antenna internally broke. So I cant do the wifi sharing
05-22-2012 12:49 PM
Can you bring playbook and laptop to a wifi hotspot?
many coffee shops, libraries and fast food places have free wifi
05-22-2012 12:58 PM