Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
chefgiggles
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Playbook connected to computer, but won't connect on Desktop Software

My playbook is connected to my computer.  The Desktop Manager recognizes that it's connected.

The Desktop Software shows my device, but is greyed out.  I click the 'connect device' button and it tells me that my device is either restarting or the battery is dead and to try again.  My device is doing neither of those things.  When I retry I just keep getting the same message.  Another option is also available which has me resetting my OS.  I'm not doing that b/c there's otherwise nothing wrong.

Does anyone know what might be problem in connecting to the Desktop Software?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Playbook connected to computer, but won't connect on Desktop Software

Are you using the supplied USB cable or another brand of cable?

Also, what operating system is on the computer it's connected to?

Don/t reset the OS, you could make matters much worse.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chefgiggles
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

It's a BB cable, but I couldn't guarantee you it's the one that came in the box b/c I have so many of them, I have no idea which was the original.  I've tried two different BB cables though and had the same problem with both. 

I'm using the most recent version of Windows...the one with the tiles for a start menu, whatever version that is :smileyhappy:

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
malie1
My Device: Torch 9800, PB 16G
My Carrier: Att

Had the same issue, go to devices in your computer, you should see a rim device as a Z drive, right click repair, the device may have been disabled.

Worked for me, hope it works for you as well 

Please use plain text.