Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: 9700

Playbook connected to the wifi but cant internet

im trying to connect to my wifi and my playbook is picking up the wifi but i cant surf the net or go on blackberry app world

i tried everything by reseting my modem, router and playbook even hard reset and my results are still the same were as my playbook is picking up the wifi but cant surf.... it has picked up my wifi twice and was able to surf but now it just wont surf

does anyone have any answers to my problem because i will like to surf the net and able to go on app world HELP PLEASE

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z30. 9860. 9800. PlayBook.

Re: Playbook connected to the wifi but cant internet

does wifi show up with green connection bars ?
Contributor

yes all the bars are full on the wifi and still cant srf the net or get on app world

Regular Contributor

try turn off wifi and try tethering to the phone see if you can brows that way i have come accross same problem when switching from bridge to wifi i had to turn off one type before using another.
Contributor

yeah tried but where im from they charge to much so im not tethering, i just want to surf the net and go on app world by wifi

its just my home wifi im having trouble with... work and others wifi spots work fine on it, just trying to figure out why not my home wifi

Regular Contributor

i posted below that if i have laptops on wifi i have difficulty connecting pb i turn off lt then pb is fine. something to do with my home netwlrk!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Try setting up your wifi manually, setting up the ip, subnet, gateway and dns servers, this may help.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
My Device: Playbook

This reply is about problems with Playbook connecting WPA2 wifi networks.

I would suggest to check what kind of wifi network you are trying to connect to. If its an WPA2, this might help.

I was having the same issue until yesterday.

After spending a couple of nights dealing with BB Support techs, I came up with these steps and worked for me, even though that Playbook should connect automatically as other devices do. Moreover, of course I am not going to ask everyday the IT guys for a router reset.

So here it goes :

1- If you own a lap top/pc connected to your work Wifi network, open the network adapter window on the PC. Go to wifi adapter and left-click on properties in order to display detailed connection status.

2- From there you may obtain a valid subnet mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.

3- Since the IP Address was already obtained by your Playbook while trying to connect, it will be asking for the same IP each time, so write down the Playbook IP too. You can access it from the wifi? Icon on the wifi configuration screen on the playbook.

(The issue here was that for some reason, my Playbook on "auto IP mode" was choosing a different default

gateway number than the correct one. I still can't figure why, but I'm not going to invest more time on it, until a new software update becomes available and go from there.)

4- In your playbook tap the wifi icon and go to saved networks, tap on edit (pencil) and delete the troubled wifi connection.

5- Create manually a new wifi connection and unselect "auto IP mode". You will have the opportunity to copy all the information mentioned above. IP, Subnet Mask, Primary DNS. Secondary DNS and Default Gateway.

6- Tap save and connect.

Hopefully your Playbook will be online and ready to navigate.

Contributor

OOOH OK still having the same problems as before I have set it up manually, and still cant connect to blackberry app world or connect to the internet at home.. Even though it says im connected, but I still can connect to other wifi places and have no problems

I really need help cause I want to be able to use my playbook in my own house... I just hope when the new update comes it can help out the problem

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

The problem might be that you haven't found the SID for your particular Wi-Fi modem. That's what allowed me to connect to my DSL modem under the WPA set up from the Playbook.

It will differ for each modem, but should be determined by using the software that came with it, or by using the web interface with a PC; mine is found by using http://192.168.1.254 (for example).