Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Wind

Playbook connection issue - can't copy files

Hello Playbook lovers!

I have an issue which has only started to real its ugly head about a week ago.

Since that time, I can't copy files to my Playbook.

When I connect with the Blackberry Desktop software, click on Files icon, the program

spends the next few minutes connection to the tablet, but in the end it fails to recognize it.

The message I get is "Media Services are not available - Your Blackberry device is not compatible with this feature" (??)

I tried turning of wi-fi and anti-virus software (as was suggested in another thread), without any positive effects.

I have the latest OS running on the Playbook, which I updated a few months ago....the problem has only started to occur about a week ago.

I tried connecting with a variety of USB cables - the same message appears.

My Storage & Sharing options are set to:

USB Connections - Connect to Windows

File Sharing - On

I'm getting so desperate on this matter that I'm thinking about a factory reset.

Question is - would this help matters or would I be wasting my time?

Your help on this issue is greatly appreciated!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Playbook connection issue - can't copy files

The easiest thing to try now is the three button reset. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes. Check things over to see if it works any better.
Before you do a Security Wipe, remember to back up all your files beforehand, otherwise you will lose everything.