Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
jarlan
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook crashes often

My one month old playbook 32 gb crashes often. The screen freezes all the time. Sometimes it comes back if the on/off button is pushed a few times. Other times it needs to be started again. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

Re: Playbook crashes often

You need to provide more information so we have something to go by:

1) What operating system version are you running? Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of your screen. Click on About. It will list the version of the operating system

2) Does the freezing appear when running certain applications or all the time? Which applications cause it to freeze.

3) If applications cause it to freeze are they Android apps or native BlackBerry ones?

Since your device is new, you have 90 days of free telephone support through the technical support. It would be my advice to call them and get immediate results. Worst case is that they RMA the device under warranty and you get a brand new one - minus all your data, so back it all up first using the RIM Desktop Management software.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jarlan

The issue version is 2.1.0.1032

I have been only using it for email or browser. It freezes more often iin the browser. Sometimes the screen freezes even if nothing is running.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

Was it freezing prior to the OS update to 2.1?

If and when you call tech support, they are more than likely going to suggest you do something called a security wipe which will dump the current OS installation and then reinstall a new, fresh copy of the OS. It is possible that you have corruption somehow.

You will of course lose all data and have to restore/redownload all your applications once more.

Call support since you're in your warranty period. They'll advice you every step of the way. It's the best way for you to proceed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jarlan

Yes, it was freezing even before the OS update yesterday. Today, it froze even when I was reading a book on the overdrive.  I had to turn the on/off button a few times before the screen unfroze. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chan4k
My Carrier: Starhub

Mine too.....have this same problem....:smileysad:

Touch responses so laggy...no smooth like before...respond late....Browser quit automatically. Is anyone have solutions?

Thanks

Please use plain text.