Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
bhark68
My Device: Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: 4165879842

Playbook - deleting prior emails

I love my Playbook, but I have found a mounting problem.....  

With my Blackberr phone, I can delete emails in groups or batches by using the "delete prior to" function, so any messages prior to the date selected will be deleted.  With the Playbook this is not possible, so I must go through the task of deleting each individual email.  

Are there any solutions for the Playbook in the works?  That would be a great improvement and time saver. 

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Haaken
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook - deleting prior emails

To delete multiple e-mails with the native e-mail app on the Playbook, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on the 'Select'  icon.  This will add a checkbox to the left of each e-mail.  tap for each one to be deleted, then tap the garbage can in the lower right corner.

Please use plain text.
ClubMgr
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Touching and holding one email at the bottom of the list and then touching a second at the top of the list selects the messages in between with a check for deleting multiple messages.
Please use plain text.
dsharlin
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64-G
My Carrier: AT&T

I have tried that and it will not let me do more than 5 emails at a time without closing down with an error message or only does a couple and doesn't do all of them  hope you have a another suggestion that can help with this

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sarah75
My Device: Playbook

dsharlin wrote:

I have tried that and it will not let me do more than 5 emails at a time without closing down with an error message or only does a couple and doesn't do all of them  hope you have a another suggestion that can help with this

That's the normal method to multi delete. 

Any unusual behaviour with email app and it's best to delete the accounts, restart playbook then add them back.

But why delete? Your emails on playbook are only a temporary copy of the emails in your webmail anyway.  no emails are saved in playbook. changing the sync period from 7 to 3 days will reduce the number displayed. Fter the sync period they disappear.  But remember if you delete them in playbook they will be deleted in webmail too. If you are using playbook to clean up webmail, fine, but you will not have access to older emails.  

Sarah.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

I gather many emails on my PlayBook when travelling. My preferred method for clearing them after a few weeks is to log into my email account via a pc and delete any unwanted mails. This takes very little time and your actions will be replicated on your PlayBook in no time at all. Hope this helps. 

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
Please use plain text.