Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Play book 32g
My Carrier: O2

Playbook device not powering up

Hi guys I'm hoping someone can help me I bought a Playbook yesterday second hand and when I got home the device had no power in it. I'm trying to power it up but when I plug it into the mains the red led light only comes on for approx 3 seconds.

Is this normal when the battery has totally drained?

Will it take long to charge on the mains charger? 

Hope someone can help................

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Playbook device not powering up

Anytime you power up the PlayBook the red led lights for about 3 or 4 seconds. Then within about 6 more seconds, the BlackBerry PlayBook logo appears and the boot up process starts. If you are not getting to this point, connect the charger, and do the three button reset which is similar to Control - Alt - Delete on the computer. This will reset the OS back to the start. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes. Never let the PlayBook battery died because it can cause you a lot of problems getting it charged up again. Report back.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Play book 32g
My Carrier: O2

Re: Playbook device not powering up

Hey there tried that and still no joy I'm going to leave it on charge for 12 hours and try and get the battery charged up.

Thanks for your help I'll try that suggestion when the battery is charged.

Hopefully that will help.......