Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

King_Pin
My Device: Playbook 16G
Accepted Solution

Playbook does not charge.

I've had my playbook charging for a whole day (with the charger and not the USB) and it does not want to charge.   Lights go on, first red then after a couple of minutes turning to bright green.  It seems to be charging, but in reality it isn't.  What is the problem? (I've had the playbook for approx. 4 months)

Thanks,

Rob

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook does not charge.

1. If you connect your PlayBook to the PC and run the BlackBerry Desktop Software, is the PlayBook recognized as connected?

2. While you are connected to your known working wall outlet AC charger... press the power button AND the UP volume button for about 20 seconds. Do you see anything happening?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

You will have to stack it so that it can take a charge

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
JSanders

rat-7 wrote:

You think this users knows what that means?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor III
rat-7

JSanders wrote:

rat-7 wrote:

You think this users knows what that means?

I still do not know what do you stack on, I am assuming that you must stack two Playbook on top of one another to make them charge

Martin
JSanders

rat-7 wrote:

JSanders wrote:

I still do not know what do you stack on, I am assuming that you must stack two Playbook on top of one another to make them charge

Ok. Where did you hear about this, if you're recommending it the user do it., explain it so he can.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
Dshanty
My Device: Playbox

Maybe you could enlighten the world with what you think a "stack" is.
Thanks in advance
Contributor
Rockinrog
My Device: 64Gig Playbook

The world is your Oyster Rat...somehow I can't get past that you mean smack it.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Stack Charging
If your battery is dead or near dead, you have a problem. If you follow these instructions you may be able to make a recovery but it will take some time. The charger is controlled by software. The software will not run because the battery voltage is too low. When the battery is too low and you turn on the PB, It will only run for about 4 minutes and then shut down again. During this 4 minutes, the charger will begin charging but since the battery voltage is still too low, the unit will shut down again and the charger will shut off. To get the voltage up sufficiently for the PB To continue, you have to have the charger plugged in and every 5 minutes or so, you have to hold the power button on until the red light flashes then release it.It will once again recharge for 4 minutes. You may have to repeat these steps at least 10 times. Once the voltage gets up a bit, the charger should stay on but it will takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery. When your charger is charging, it will feel warm to the touch so check it often to see if it is in fact charging.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7

Lost_at_Sea wrote:
Stack Charging
If your battery is dead or near dead, you have a problem. If you follow these instructions you may be able to make a recovery but it will take some time. The charger is controlled by software. The software will not run because the battery voltage is too low. When the battery is too low and you turn on the PB, It will only run for about 4 minutes and then shut down again. During this 4 minutes, the charger will begin charging but since the battery voltage is still too low, the unit will shut down again and the charger will shut off. To get the voltage up sufficiently for the PB To continue, you have to have the charger plugged in and every 5 minutes or so, you have to hold the power button on until the red light flashes then release it.It will once again recharge for 4 minutes. You may have to repeat these steps at least 10 times. Once the voltage gets up a bit, the charger should stay on but it will takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery. When your charger is charging, it will feel warm to the touch so check it often to see if it is in fact charging.

But you still do not explain what do you stack the Playbook on, my understanding is that to do stack charging you have to stack 2 Playbooks one on top of the other to charge them

Martin