Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
rarfbd
My Device: Tablet, Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Playbook dosent charge

Ok now you can use my method. Just leave it in charge for 6 hours or more. then after the 6 hours are over, hold it down for 20 seconds and disconnect and reconnect.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darwin340
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Claro DO

ok post results later
Please use plain text.
alison7
My Device: 16GB playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Hi rarfbd,
in your Step #5, you said "5.Before disconnecting and reconnecting again for the last time, make sure you hold it down for 20 seconds or a few more seconds more."
Do you mean hold down the power button? Do we hold down the power button while we pull out the charger? or let go and then pull out the charger?
Please use plain text.
Developer
gmsm
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Tigo

alison7 how did you do? is ti working?

I found the following article, which explains what happened, I have the same issue since yesterday I let it charge beyond 6 hours and I can't get yellow light.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB27705&sliceId=1&cm...

Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
unavita
My Device: playbook, storm, curve
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: Playbook now charging

I have used RIM products for the past three years without a complaint until I got the Playbook. Everyone was saying get the ipad but I went with the Playbook 64. I bought it on 6/22. Within the first two weeks we had t send it back because the charging portal broke. Now we have been having the above problem for the past 2 -3 weeks. I have read all the forums, spoken to blackberry (whom I was not pleased with at all). I don't have the time to fix something that is new! This item should be recalled and fixed or owners reimbursed!
Please use plain text.
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: .

Re: Playbook doesn't charge

My playbook wouldn't charge, so I rebooted it. Now I'm stuck in the middle of setting up, it would not update the software since the battery is at 0%. I have it charging. It shows that it's charging, but nothing is happening. I'm stuck at this level. What do I do? HELP! Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Leave it on the charger until it recharges fully. If it is totally dead it could take a few days.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

READ and FOLLOW F2's instructions (post #4 dated March 22, 2013, 10:16pm) on this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/pb-charging-785939/

You'll have to invest about an hour of your life but you will get a resurected PlayBook.

Please use plain text.