Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Stayzfrosty
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 7059693334Roger

Playbook drops connection to PC

OK.. 

I have spent the best part of a week researching this issue and I am ready to get rid of my Playbook becauseof it; so if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

When I connect my PB to my PC the DTM opens and the PB mounts to drive Z:\... and all seems to be fine; however, when I try to sync media to the PB either through the DTM or through Windows Explorer, with a couple of minutes I get an error message telling me that that the data cannot be sync'd because the connection to PB has been lost... the mapped drive also disconnects. The PB screen shows that it is connected but all connectivity is lost.

I have checked my TCP/IP Netbios Helper and it is enabled; I have disabled Wifi sharing on the PB. I have tried 2 different USB cables (the ones that came with the PB), and the problem exists on both a Windows 7 Acer laptop and Vista Acer desktop.

This shoudn't be this difficult.

Can SOMEONE please solve this problem for me?!?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook drops connection to PC

I had an issue with power management on a PC that did similar to my USB ports.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.