Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
nfallon55
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Playbook emails

In the native email app is there any way to make it save all of the emails instead of deleting them when it gets to a certain amount?  I would like to sync my email with Outlook 2007 and have all of the emails on both my netbook and the playbook.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Playbook emails

No. The PlayBook will keep up to 30 days worth of email and then it quietly removes them from the device.

If you want to extends the default 7days to 30 - go into Options > Accounts > click on your account > Advanced settings.

At the bottom, change the setting for "messages sync timeframe"

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
nfallon55
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Is there another email app that will allow me to keep all of the email?

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Not in AppWorld.

There was an app called aMail that you could sideload, but I don't have any experience with it.

As I use Google Apps email accounts, I just access the web interface through the browser. But if you're using POP3 / IMAP accounts that don't have web access, I can't really recommend anything.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
bearmarket
My Carrier: att

Don't see the advanced setting with the OS update. Running 2.1.0.1032

Please use plain text.