Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
joefri
My Device: Torch 9800

Playbook erratic screen and unpredictable touch input

I've recently had an issue with the supplied charger causing erratic actions, but today during a presentation it started having problems with erratic inputs while only connected through the HDMI cable to a projector. It was so bad I had to stop and switch to my laptop. Embarrassing to say the least, at least I had brought my laptop. If I unplugged the HDMI cable then it was fine.

This is unacceptable, this is supposed to be a business tablet. Has anyone else had this issue, is there a fix or is my Playbook a lemon and needs to be returned.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
dflinn
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: Playbook erratic screen and unpredictable touch input

I am having the same problem.  The screen jumps all over the place on me making the device unusable....Help!

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Is there another cable that you guys can try? Is the cable is straight, or is the flex bending when it plugs in?

IF the cable isn't fixed in properly or putting stress on the socket, then it *could* apply pressure to the touchscreen.

If you're sure that this isn't the case - call support as it's likely to be a hardware problem.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joefri
My Device: Torch 9800

When I had just the hdmi cable plugged in I could use it with bb bridge remote with no issues I soon as I touched the screen, everything goes haywire, pinch to zoom goes nuts and even when I take my hand away it would still go nuts for a few seconds.  I bought this thing on the release date and haven't had issues with hdmi before now close to 10 months later and pb os2.0 I've got issues :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Yes, so back to what I said - check the points I've mentioned. When you touch the screen it applies pressure and it's probably creating a short of some kind.

But seeing as it's 10 months old I strongly suggest calling PlayBook support now and telling them. If it is a hardware problem you want to get it sorted out before your support expires.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sunbeam1
My Device: blackberry curve

I have this probllem when connected to Euro power outlets on French trains, I am a Uk user.

Some kind of ground/earth issue. However it does seem that holding the playbook when touchscreening ( ie not using just one hand) stops the jumping.

Im no expert but Id say its a design fault of some kind, and that certain power outlets do not provide an adequate ground

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Even the uk chargers are 2 pin. The earth is a dummy. The case is rubber covered. It's a nice theory but I can't see it being a cause. More likely caused by pressure on the case and bad connection inside. Warranty repair probably

My Device: blackberry curve

I suppose so, although there is a metal bezel and that runs close to the plug in?

I dunno, seems to work for some reason

n

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Sorry it is metal. Maybe the french ones can be reversed live and neutral but uk ones cannot.