Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
femi1714
My Device: Playbook

Playbook freezing after OS 2.0 upgrade

[ Edited ]

Why is the Blackberry Playbook tablet freezes after the OS 2.0 upgrade.  I have experienced that more than 6 times since I upgraded to OS 2.0

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Playbook freezing after OS 2.0 upgrade

Hi there,

Start by rebooting your PlayBook. Touch the battery icon and select Restart.

Hopefully that will help, but if it happens again, let us know.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
femi1714

I have done that many times and it works but goes back to freezing few days later. Is there another option to prevent this because it is annoying.

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

If I was in your position, I would reload the OS on your PlayBook.

Start by backing up your PlayBook in the BlackBerry Desktop Software. Depending on how much stuff you have on your PlayBook, this may take a little while.

Next, restart your PlayBook while the Desktop Software is open. When the message pops up saying that your computer cannot connect to your PlayBook, you'll be asked if you want to update the software or retry. Select the option to update the software. This will reload all of the software on the device and will take around 30 minutes. When it's done, you'll have to set up your PlayBook from scratch, and then you can restore the backup you made.

I hope that will work.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
mazzy5

Just out of curiosity... When it locks up on you, our you at a wireless hotspot?  I am having similar issues and have narrowed it down to being on our hotspot in the office that I work in...   No issues at home. Apps lock up and terminate and takes half a minute to wake it up....

New Contributor
apps127
My Device: 02

Suppose you have both a BlackBerry Smartphone and a BlackBerry PlayBook and you’ve been hearing all this buzz about BlackBerry Bridge. Well, in today’s BlackBerry School Lesson, I’ll walk you through the set-up process to pair your Smartphone and PlayBook. Then you can use all the great Bridge features like BBM, Email, and Remote.
I’ve just submitted update new BlackBerry  PlayBook apps; this update addresses the number one user feature request for the app: Users can now view more than the last 50 tweets on a timeline by scrolling down to the bottom and tapping on “Touch to load more tweets”.

New Contributor
gummbieone

Having problem randomly when i use wed drowser. My play book now freezes and dose not recover.  I press power butten eveything shuts off .  5 -10 min later playbook reboots. All ok ,till nexttime happedns? Help this has not happend in Os 1.8 what ever last os was. 

Regular Contributor
bigj619d3
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I had the same problem. It started just within the last week. The camera app froze but would still take pictures but wouldnt exit so I had to restart, also one time the browser wouldnt load the bookmark screen and I noticed when one app acts up then all of them have problems until you restart. I think it has done it with the android player too. I dont want to do a wipe and restore so it has happened rarely with me so hopefully I can put up with it until rim gets something updated or fixed on the firmware.