Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Waqas96
My Device: Playbook, Storm 9500

Re: Playbook has full wifi bars but I can't browse any sites

Thanx for commenting

would u pls also guid how to remove/clear the buffer

Contributor
grandpa1676
My Device: Not Specified

Click on browser Icon-click on square top left. It should bring down a menu. Click on the gear icon on the right then the security-permissions menu. Scroll to the bottom there you will find selections of things to clear. If you have no cookies ie. Bank entries ect. then I suggest to clear all. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
notatekkie
My Device: Playbook 64MB

[ Edited ]

Well l have had my playbook 64MB for about 5 months and frankly the net connection has always been suspect. For the past few weeks l show full bars and no internet yet l can use bridge for emails. I have cleared everything and did a reboot but the same problem. I spoke with a friend who has one and same problem. He cant get an answer from BBY.. So who's on first?

Its wearing thin as l cant get a straight answer from anyone. Needless to say l am thinking of scraping it as maybe the bad press is true .... this thing sucks. What a shame as l thought l had something special.

Any last suggestions before l bury it.

Thanks,

New Contributor
Waqas96
My Device: Playbook, Storm 9500

notatekkie

Dear go ahead, scrape it, smash it..................

i had already done the same.

it really sucks, not even this but attitude of BB official support team, they are not even considering the same.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I had this happen to me last night at a friends house.

it was fun to figure out

His wifi did support N so we disabled it and still no connection

removed wifi profile on playbook, reboot and still no connect.

rebooted wifi and all is well

some of it just dont make sense, my connection at home is always fine for the most part, I have an old router that hangs once in a while.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Thousandmiler
My Device: Playbook

Well, thank you for that solution.  It worked like a charm for me. I called Blackberry support and all they did was mess up my router so I couldn't get online with any of my computers. It took me half a day to get that back and I  still  couldn't get on with my Playbook.

You posted this solution over four months ago.  You would think Blackberry support would have a pat answer for this problem by now. But no, they run you all over the map and solve nothing.  I wonder if they read these forums.

So once again, thanks for your help.

Contributor
grandpa1676

Glad to hear that it worked for you. Looks like the BB doesn't clear the ram very well so consequently it sits there and collects alot of trash. This use to be the problem with Windows XP and Vista but corrected w/Windows 7. I am a retired Computer Technician of almost 30 years in the trade. And worked closely with Microsoft Engineers on problem solving in the field.
New Contributor
dblackb99
My Device: Playbook

That's my sense too, that it's a memory allocation problem. Should be real easy to fix, but doesn't seem to have any priority at RIM.

Regular Contributor
redheadp
My Device: Z30. 9860. 9800. PlayBook.

I bought a new torch 9800 running version 7 thinking this memory problem would be fixed. But alas I still have to do a battery pull every few days.
Contributor
grandpa1676

Engineers can't see the forest for the trees. It took Microsoft 7-8 years of hammering till somebody woke up and said, gee maybe we should include some refresh calls in the programming to clear the ram state for re-use. What they need is some techs who have been in the trenches to work along side the engineers that can open their eyes and step back from the textbook proto calls once in a while. But it will never happen.