Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Qphone
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB

Re: Playbook has full wifi bars but I can't browse any sites

A perfect example is this morning. I used the Playbook from 10am to 11am all connected to my home wifi network. I leave with my Playbook on client jobsites. The PB is tethered to my BB 9800 for my internet needs while on the road and/or client sites. Works perfectly well for internet. BB stuff is bridged. I prefer tethering vs bridge browsing since tethering is way faster. When i'm finished using the internet, I go to settings and disconnect the "Internet Tethering" but will always leave bluetooth on for both my Torch and PB.

I get home at 8pm. Pull out the PB and it automatically locks onto my home wifi network again showing all full bars including my wifi network name. I click Browser and what do you know...again blank white screen with bar above roughly at one third and untitled.

I turn off wifi and turn it back on (bars goes grey... then green) and I get my homescreen (Google) meaning I'm back online.

Its annoying but it works. Again, I cant understand why it happens only on the PB whereas my wireless desktop and 2 laptops do not have this issue.
Contributor
boldman22
My Device: 9700

Well I find out my problem that my playbook is not picking up my IP or my DNS correctly. So right now I feel like giving up up I love my play book so I'm still going to see what can be fix

if anyone has any answers to my problem please help don't want to try and do it myself and mess up

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

turn off ISP modem, WiFI router and Playbook

turn on ISP modem and wait 5 min

Turn on wifi router wait 5 min

turn on Playbook and see if it persists

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
boldman22
My Device: 9700

ok i have tryed everything that i can think of trying to get the playbook to connect to the internet. so i dont knw whats the problem.

reset my modem, and router, shut them down, i even restart my playbook  and still nothing but it did connect to the internet twice but until i leave the area and come back has stop working again

i just hope the next update can fix this problem

Regular Contributor
redheadp
My Device: Z30. 9860. 9800. PlayBook.

i have found somedays if i have laptops going the playbook has difficulty connecting wifi turning laptop wifi off usually cures it.
januraga
My Device: playbook and 9780

i have the same problem with you all guys, my bridge browser work well and even could run youtube, but not my web browser, it even couldnt access google in a full wifi coverage.....its so annoying. sometimes it work but only for several site such us yahoo7.
please someone help us....or do we have to wait for rim to take action
Emgc_88
My Device: Playbook

This reply is about problems with Playbook connecting WPA2 wifi networks.

I would suggest to check what kind of wifi network you are trying to connect to. If its an WPA2, this might help.

I was having the same issue until yesterday.

After spending a couple of nights dealing with BB Support techs, I came up with these steps and worked for me, even though that Playbook should connect automatically as other devices do. Moreover, of course I am not going to ask everyday the IT guys for a router reset.

So here it goes :

1- If you own a lap top/pc connected to your work Wifi network, open the network adapter window on the PC. Go to wifi adapter and left-click on properties in order to display detailed connection status.

2- From there you may obtain a valid subnet mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.

3- Since the IP Address was already obtained by your Playbook while trying to connect, it will be asking for the same IP each time, so write down the Playbook IP too. You can access it from the wifi? Icon on the wifi configuration screen on the playbook.

(The issue here was that for some reason, my Playbook on "auto IP mode" was choosing a different default

gateway number than the correct one. I still can't figure why, but I'm not going to invest more time on it, until a new software update becomes available and go from there.)

4- In your playbook tap the wifi icon and go to saved networks, tap on edit (pencil) and delete the troubled wifi connection.

5- Create manually a new wifi connection and unselect "auto IP mode". You will have the opportunity to copy all the information mentioned above. IP, Subnet Mask, Primary DNS. Secondary DNS and Default Gateway.

6- Tap save and connect.

Hopefully your Playbook will be online and ready to navigate.

Contributor
grandpa1676
My Device: Not Specified

Pull screen down from top @ the center, select options, privacy/security and clear history and cache this usually clears the problem.
New Contributor
Waqas96
My Device: Playbook, Storm 9500

Hi everyone

i m also suffering from the same problem with my playbook

at office one time connected, successfully browse, after some time (same day) connected but unable to browse

at home, wifi connected but could not browse, my leptop and pc are doing well with the same wifi devices

at another usb pocket modem, successfully connected and browsed

(office and home also tried to conncect/configure connection manually, but at the end msg appears at browsing stage "could not resolve host name" etc etc.)

office, home and usb pocket modem wifi service providers are different.

Office network - open

Home - WEP

USB - Secured

is there anyone help me and us all , any solution pls.  

Contributor
grandpa1676
My Device: Not Specified

Sounds like the buffer is full and needs to be refreshed this happened on mine and clearing the buffer corrected the problem.