Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
Evista123
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook OS Version: 2.0.1.358
My Carrier: Century Link
Accepted Solution

Playbook heating up

Hi, 

Whenever I browse the web, my Playbook heats up in the back after 10 minutes.    I have been noticing that lately while holding it.   Is that normal?   

Thanks =) 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook heating up

mine gets warm but not hot to the touch, the CPU will get warm when using it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Mine heats up right under the BB logo on the back. Not a problem.

If you find it gets hot when carrying it about away from wifi, turn on Aircraft Mode or turn off wifi, as it may be hunting for a signal in vain.  

Similarly using manual sync instead of Push for email (especially Gmail) will use battery and heat up the Playbook 

My Device: Blackberry PlayBook OS Version: 2.0.1.358
My Carrier: Century Link

Mostly I notice it's heating up under the BB logo while browsing the web.  But, other than that it's all right. 

I usually leave my WiFi on to recieve email  notices.. A great feature in the Playbook that is quite handy.  I don't have to use my laptop to check for mail. I notice that the battery gets used up more when turning on and off the airplane mode.   

Please use plain text.