Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook holds how many emails?

I have had my playbook for two weeks now and I only have about 1 week of emails. Not even 200 emails

Does anyone know how many tthe playbook should hold?

My bb 9800 holds more

Thanks 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Playbook holds how many emails?

There is a setting in Messages that you can change to allow more or less emails to show. When in messages, tap the gear and have a look.
New Contributor

I have but don't see anything related to volume of emails.
Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Hi. I have over 800 emails on my Playbook so far. Your Playbook should have as many emails as you want/have on your email servers.

There are a few settings you should look into. 

Settings

1. Make sure you enable to keep messages on server (Options ->Account ->(your email) ->Keep message on the server should be marked "ON")

Viewing Email

Tap the second icon on the right side. (Below search). This swipes into view the Account Filter. There you will see the total count of email in your unified inbox. Note, Gmail not give you a full count of all your messages. If you feel like all your emails are not showing up, make sure the account is set up on your Playbook. 

Add the Account.

If you have thousands of emails, syncing may take a few minutes depending on how your email servers are set up or where they are hosted.

Hope that helps! 
:Batman:

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

hiamedia wrote:
I have but don't see anything related to volume of emails.

Settings,  accounts, select the email account, advanced settings, message sync timeframe

Default as you rightly say is 7 days. Change to 30.

I don't see any actual volume settings or display on native 2.0 email on playbook.

My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

I'll echo what jarvier said. The PlayBook will keep emails up to a certain date. The default is 7 days. The maximum is (infuriatingly) 30 days.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I don't see advanced setting? Do you have enterprise?

Thanks
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

hiamedia wrote:
I don't see advanced setting? Do you have enterprise?

Thanks

No just normal Playbook 2.0 native email.

Again...

Settings (Gear symbol top right corner of playbook next to battery icon)

Accounts with @ sign inside a square - this will show all the email accounts you have on the playbook.

Click on the one you want to change, or if you only have one click on it

At the bottom of screen there is a button on the left for Advanced settings and on the right for Save.

My Carrier: att

Again... Settings (Gear symbol top right corner of playbook next to battery icon) Accounts with @ sign inside a square - this will show all the email accounts you have on the playbook. Click on the one you want to change, or if you only have one click on it At the bottom of screen there is a button on the left for Advanced settings and on the right for Save. ___________________ Don't see advanced setting when attempting to revise an existing account. It shows when setting up a new account. Maybe a bug?
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

It's at the bottom of the screen next to the 'Save' button.

What type of account are you trying to change? POP, IMAP, GMail?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!