Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Re: Playbook is not getting connected with PC

It finally worked for me! 

I experienced the same thing. My playbook shows that it is connected to my PC but my PC still shows that I need to connect with my BB device.  I downloaded Balckberry Desktop Software on my Windows 7.  When I opened the Blackberry Device Manager it cannot detect my playbook. I tried to follow all the suggestions in the forum but none worked.  Last night, I went to Documents and looked for my Downloads, I saw the Application named "700_b060_multilanguage" which came with the Blackberry Desktop Software that I downloaded and clicked on it.  It installed on my computer and suddenly the device manager detected my playbook.  Turns out I missed running one application to complete it. Just try it. 

My Device: Playbook os2
My Carrier: Wifi

I had the same problems , for connection it is important to have device-mgr 7 installed ,should 

be installed in a rim- or blackberry - free environment after first time connection .

Then the usb-connected playbook should appear as network device - quite similar to the

android system where the usb device is shown for connected tablets or phones.

I would recommend to set a login password in the playbook , this is asked for the pc connection.

the whole procedure can take several minutes , I tested this with 3 notebooks - Windows 7 -64bit.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Thanks a Lot nightingale316 -It worked for me after downloading "700_b060_multilanguage"..