Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
pmcewen
My Device: 8520
Accepted Solution

Playbook is paired to phone but will not connect

My playbooked paired with by Bold 8520, and connected straight away.  I could use BlackBerry Bridge.

But when I turned off blue-tooth on my phone (to save battery) and then turned it on again, it is paired but will not connect.  I have tried deleting the device on phone and Playbook:  it pairs again with no problem but will not connect.

I had this problem when the tablet was new, and the help tried all sorts of tricks that did not work.  The only thing that worked was a factory reset, and I do not want to have to load everything again.

Any ideas??

Peter

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: Playbook is paired to phone but will not connect

Have you tried to update the OS on the 8520 to the most recent version.

As well as that, removing the phone from the Bluetooth connections on the PlayBook will force it to reconnect the BlackBerry Bridge.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pmcewen

I have just checked it is the latest (5.0.0).

I have tried restarting my Playbook, which is as good as removing phone.  This did work at one time, but not now.

It is not Blackberry Bridge that is a problem, it is that they will not connect.  IfI go to Settings/Bluetooth then the phone is there, but the Connect Device is greyed out. 

On my phone, in Bluetooth Propoerties for Device there is an option for encryption which was set to Enabled: is that right?

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

Well, the latest version is 5.0.0.1093 for the 8520.

The point of deleting the Bluetooth connection on the PlayBook is that it will re-initialise the security for the Bluetooth and the Bridge.

Until you try to do that we can't move on. Delete the BT connection on both devices. Reboot both for good measure and then try to set up the BlackBerry Bridge again.

Let us know how it goes.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pmcewen

I have only just realised that you connect using the Bridge pane on Settings, and not Bluetooth.  There is a "Connect" Button for the phone on teh Bluetooth page, which has always been greyed out, and I thought you had to connect here first before using Bridge.

This was not picked by several long phone calls with the Help line some months ago.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

Ah! Well I'm glad that we helped you work it out!

Please use plain text.